Monday, May 9, 2016

Splurge or Steal: French Cafe Chairs

Even though it feels like I just got back from my summer sojourn in Paris, I’m already planning for my next trip. Michelle Adams and I will be in the City of Light for Paris Fashion Week in March with lots of big adventures on the docket. I can’t wait to attend chic fashion shows, […]:


SPLURGE

This iconic Serena & Lily French bamboo and weatherproof plastic basket weave seating is at the height of kitchen and eating nook design these days. Pricey yet durable, Serena & Lily sells one chair for $225. This knocks it out of the park for French Bistro Style seating.


Serena & Lily
Riviera Side Chair $225 each


STEAL

World Market, never one to miss out on jumping on the bandwagon with hot trends, has come up with an Outdoor version (the original inspiration is the legit outdoor French Bistro Chair). These comfortable copy-cats are basically 2 for the price of one Serena & Lily chair. If you don't mind the not quite as nice styling, wider profile and the more prominent color weaving, then this is an excellent bargain. If you want the look of the Riviera without the hefty price tag for say, 8 chairs...The World Market version is pretty great quality for the price.



World Market
Kaliko French Bistro Chair $239 SET OF TWO

While I have found several other copy-cats on sites like Overstock and Amazon, I won't recommend them due to poor reviews.
So, SPLURGE OR STEAL?

No comments:

Post a Comment