Friday, August 1, 2014

A Year of Change Designer Challenge August {Styling Bookshelves}


Hello, August! 
With Summer in full swing and Fall just around the corner it is a great time to tackle this month's challenge:  Styling Bookshelves! This is one of my most favorite things to do in the decorating realm. I love books and stuff. What people have on their shelves and how those objects are displayed says a lot about who you are. Sometimes this task can be overwhelming when you think about attaining a look that is clean, uncluttered and balanced. I can't wait to share with you my styling tips as well as my own shelf revamp! I have several bookcases in my home (because I'm a book nerd), so the biggest part of the challenge for me will be to choose which one I'll be working on!



This month the decorating gets going with the usual suspects (Life on Virginia Street,Suburban Bitches, and Rosa Beltran Design) and our uber talented guest designer Jade O’Connor! Her Southern style showcases her eye for mixing traditional with eclectic. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT SHE DOES WITH HER SHELVES! 
 And for a little eye candy here and now, hop over to Rosa’s blog to see her previous house which was featured this week in Domaine Home.   
I think her home tour is one of the most inspirational and creative tours I've seen. Her style is totally the style my  house would be if I was cool. 
 Head over and tell Rosa what you think of her hip yet homey abode. 


No comments:

Post a Comment