Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Preppiest Hotel Suite You've Ever Seen

You know I dig most things Preppy.
My friend, Neil, knows I do, too. {I mentioned Neil's pentient for PREP in this previous post about my Prep School Pin Board}.
Well, the other day Neil txt me the link to a Conde Nast article that her hubs found....it's all about THE PREPPIEST HOTEL SUITE YOU'VE EVER SEEN...and I giggled out loud. My parents have stayed at the B&B in Kennebunkport mentioned in the article and I grew up in New England and can say that I've seen my fair amount of Preppy rooms...that maybe didn't try to be Preppy but were. Well, these two suites are sure TRYING to be PREPPY...and they are spectacular.

Vineyard Vines suite, Kennebunkport, Maine
The Prepsters at Vineyard Vines are behind this.
Here are the deets:
"The Vineyard Vines Suites at two Lark Hotels, Captain Fairfield Inn in Kennebunkport and 76 Main in Nantucket. The New England boutique chain (whose Newport, Rhode Island, property, The Attwater, got a nod in our Hot List) teamed up with the uber-preppy brand to design the suites, and the Nantucket room just opened earlier this week. We'll confess, we're into it. Just looking at these photos makes us want to put on our Sperrys, hop on a yacht, and sip a white wine spritzer: The walls are brushed in thick, nautical stripes (navy, naturally); the pillows are made from board short fabrics; and the window shades are trimmed with Vineyard Vines belts. Even if you don't stay in the suite, rest assured that you'll get an eye-full of the gear at any Lark property: The hotels outfit their staff in Vineyard Vines clothes. Pink whales all around!"

The Captain Fairfield's Vineyard Vines Suite
Vineyard Vines suite, Kennebunkport, Maine

Vineyard Vines suite, Kennebunkport, Maine

Vineyard Vines suite, Kennebunkport, Maine

Vineyard Vines suite, Kennebunkport, Maine

AND MY FAVORITE:

76 Main Nantucket Suite
rarebrick_20130606_8223

rarebrick_20130605_7998

rarebrick_20130605_8003

rarebrick_20130605_7965
 {all photos via}

I KNOW.
Beautiful, crisp and oh so Preppy. Modern Preppy...NOT Caddyshack Judge Shmaills Country Club Preppy...and NOT your Grandmother's Bermuda Bag Preppy...but NEW PREPPY...smart, graphic and uncluttered.
AND I died when I saw my favorite TINY TABLES in use.
What do you think, should we go?
XXXOOO

4 comments:

  1. These rooms are perfect! Why am I so obsessed with black and white stripes!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to see how people interpret preppy...I'd say this is preppy nautical. I'm obsessed with stripes these days, too. I wonder if horizontal stripes on walls make the room look bigger...haha...like when I wear a horizontal shirt and it makes ME look bigger??!! XO!

      Delete
  2. Oh my word!! I totally want my living room to look like that first picture! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my dreams I have a guest house that looks like this ;) XO!

      Delete